Hues of happiness for your home
You can do much to upgrade your home. That includes investing in new lighting. Smart bulbs and lighting systems are stylish and save lots of money in energy. If you’re looking to step up your lighting game, search no more! We have researched all you need to know about Philips Hue for Black Friday.
What exactly is Philips Hue?
Philips Hue is a new level of smart lighting innovation. Its smart bulbs work with top-tier intuitive technology and they’re super easy to use. You only need to pop them into your regular lighting fixtures and install the Hue App on your phone. Then, you can just relax and set the perfect environment from your mobile device. This is possible wherever you are, even away from home.
The brand offers everything: individual light bulbs, light strips, lamps, accessories and starter kits. These products are available alone or in packages. With them, you can create anything. From simple light settings to a complete wireless lighting system.
Start with a beginner-friendly kit
Philips Hue Starter Kits make it easy and accessible for people to update their home’s lights. Each set only takes minutes to install and synchronize inside and outside your home. One kit includes four smart and energy-saving bulbs and a Hue Bridge control. Different light intensities and colours are available depending on the kit. For example:
- Soft white light only
- Warm-to-cool white adjustable light
- Colour and white adjustable light
You can get great offers for these kits during Black Friday. Last year’s deal saved shoppers around £100. It combined the Philips Hue Starter Kit, with the new Echo Dot together for half the price. Voice assistants like Alexa are a good addition. They can make the system even more efficient.
Smart lighting, smart savings
Buying Philips Hue lights is quite expensive. Luckily, the brand has regular deals and seasonal sales. These are some offers you can find this year:
- All-year: The brand has 15% off multipacks and bundles all year. This offer will be available until December 31st.
- Summer: Hue offers some deals in June. For example, a clearance sale with 50% off selected for ZigBee smart bulbs. These products are exclusively connected through ZigBee, a low-cost wireless network.
- Prime Day: Amazon also has great discounts for Philips Hue. Mostly during Prime Day sales, also in June. They can go up to around 30-40% discount.
- Black Friday: When the magic happens. We predict the best prices will be available. In past years, products and bundles had up to 40% off.
A Bridge to the future
Bridge is the heart -or more like the brain- of your Philips Hue system. The device acts as an intelligent hub. It links your mobile devices, smart lights and accessories through the internet. Technically, it’s possible to control some Hue lightbulbs without Bridge. But, this feature takes your smart lighting to the next level. With it, you can set schedules, timers, customise light environments and more. You can control your home’s light settings via app, voice or smart accessories.
What are some of the benefits of having a Philip Hue system with Bridge?
- Programmable routines – For example, lights turn on when you come home and off for bedtime
- Custom light scenes – For a movie night, a party or a romantic evening
- Motion sensors – To save energy and help you feel safer at home
What are the reviews for Hue Bridge?
Most reviewers online consider Hue Bridge as a must-have. Like its name, this hub is the bridge between all of your lights and accessories. It makes everything an integrated system. A big investment, but certainly worth it. The best reviews focus on: an easy set-up, user-friendly controls and great integration with other services. When buying this device, you’ll want to invest in newer generations to get the most benefits. This will ensure you have better and long-lasting customer support.