Black Friday is for babies
Baby monitors are essential for baby care and safety in your home. However, finding a baby monitor that suits your needs and wallet may seem challenging. Especially when there are so many options in the market. But don’t worry. We have done our homework to help you find the most popular baby monitors at the best prices.
How to choose the best baby monitor?
Baby monitors can go anywhere from accessories with basic functions to smart systems. They can monitor different things, like your baby’s movements, breathing and sleeping rhythm. Choosing the best one for you and your baby depends on your particular needs.
These are some things that you’ll want to check when you buy a baby monitor:
- Video – high definition, night vision, digital zoom, wide-vision range
- Audio and communication – sound alerts, two-way talk, musical features
- Functions – motion sensor, alerts, temperature tracking, lights, cry detection
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi access, app control, data encryption, smart assistants
- Other – Battery charge, accessories, video storage, VOX mode, security settings
The most important thing is that you feel comfortable with any system you buy. This includes safety, connectivity, user-friendliness and quality. In the end, your monitor is an extension of your eyes and ears to watch over your baby.
A world of baby monitors
There’s a wide variety of baby monitors in the market, going from audio-only sets to full smart systems. Some brands have become popular because of their versatility, quality and design.
These are some popular brands that often appear among the top-ranked baby monitors, BT, Angelcare, Babymoov, Nanit, Cubo Ai, Arlo, Vtech and Tommy Tippee.
Buy the best for your baby
Buying the best baby monitor is up to you. However, there are a few sets that have gained attention online for their great features. Based on online reviews and newspaper rankings, these are the top baby monitors in the market:
- BT Smart Baby Monitor – Best in overall performance for any budget
- Angelcare AC527 – Best for baby movement tracking
- Cubo AI Plus and Nanit Pro – Best for smart sleep monitoring
- Babymoov Yoo Mov – Best for versatility and a 360-degree view
- Arlo Baby – Best for privacy and security
Many other models, like Motorola’s MBP 855C, are also positively reviewed online. Especially for easy use and practicality.
Bet on the sales, baby!
Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year in the UK. So, you’ll surely find loads of deals on baby monitors. While discounts vary depending on the brand, you can expect to find sales many models. For example, last year, the Angelcare AC527 reached up to 50% off at Mamas & Papas. Some of the retailers where you can find amazing discounts for baby gear include Mamas & Papas, Mothercare by Boots, John Lewis, Amazon, among others.
Since Amazon sells most baby monitor brands, you can also find significant discounts during Prime Day. This sale event happens in June. However, it’s hard to predict which brands will be on sale and the size of the discounts.